Reply to post:

My Microsoft Office 365 woes: Constant crashes, malware macros – and settings from Hell

Fluffy Cactus

Just being reminded of the "spacing after the paragraphs" MS Word weirdness makes me still want to catapult several banana cream pies via the prevailing jetstreams in the general direction of Seattle. If that is taken as a veiled death threat, I will say in my defense that there are no known deaths ever caused by

banana cream pies thrown in anyone's face, and that my "only theoretically contemplated action" is to be

understood as a mild criticism from a suffering MS customer.

Or the thing with "the line that suddenly appeared in Word" and there was no way to get rid of it, because its magical appearance was not logged in the 100 levels of undo. And the MS Office Help system would have no clue about how to deal with this. No idea about the simple logic of: If you got an on switch, then there also must be an off switch.

Why can't I let go off an old grudge? Because with MS there are so many things that were not working

as promised, no fixed as promised, fixed but the fix ruined several other things, plus then there were those things that worked, but were taken away for no other reason than that, seemingly, only 8% of MS users used them, and so MS logically assumed that out of its 1 billion customers, offending only 80 million customers would be pretty much ok. And they repeated this thought process with so many other

features, that over the years, they must have offended about 96.97% of their customers, which was statistically ok in their minds, but not if you were the customer.

You can tell that I am not an IT person, but I appreciate the sarcasm and humor on this website.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon