Reply to post: Re: "He was found not guilty, therefore he is innocent"

UK IT consultant subject to insane sex ban order mounts legal challenge

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: "He was found not guilty, therefore he is innocent"

Within the BDSM community consensual non-consent is a thing, But its something that has to be approached with great care as this case demonstrates.

You may see that from the BDSM community perspective, but for outsiders and policemen who need something they can say in court that plays well in the newspapers it forms a very convenient stick to beat someone with (pardon the unintentional pun).

"Outsiders" tend not to see the whole picture, only what the screech papers feed them. In addition, any "insiders" inside the force and judicial system will happily throw the first stone in that context to camouflage their involvement which tends to result in even further skewed judgement.

That said, the psych report does not exactly make for encouraging reading. I can see why he may have been able to walk out of a court without a conviction but still be considered a risk. However, how the SRO was implemented seems weirdly ineffective and more aimed at pushing this guy to go off the rails completely. In addition, I'm no expert but it strikes me that it's easier to hide victims in a bush than it is when living in a house...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon