Reply to post: Re: Really ....

New UK trade deals would not compensate for loss of single market membership

H in The Hague

Re: Really ....

" Britain can and will be "great" again …"

What exactly do you mean by that? "Great" as during the empire? Are you proposing to go back to subjugating other countries by force and looting them? Don't think that's going to be entirely successful. "Great" as during the periods of industrial strife in the 70s and 80s? (Did I get the dates right? Memory a bit hazy.)

Please tell me when, and why, the UK was "greater" than it is now! Who benefitted from this greater, greener and pleasanter land?

I'm really rather cheesed off with Brexiters' talk of "… will be great again" and "taking back control" which I feel amounts talking down the country and the people living and working in it.

The UK, in the EU, is a perfectly successful country, on the whole liked by other countries and people, and generally in control of its own affairs. (Just like other successful countries in the EU). But that position is now at risk due to what I perceive to be misinformation, downright lies, an electorate which possibly did not fully consider the issues at stake, and sheer jingoism. And I am really upset about that.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon