Reply to post: So!

BBC detector vans are back to spy on your home Wi-Fi – if you can believe it

Baldy50

So!

The cost is tiny (less than £3 per week) for the whole family, and that includes radio, the Internet and the iPlayer etc.

But you choose whether to buy a Sky or Virgin package or whatever but have no choice with the TV license and has been debated many times if it should be like all the other media companies out there, made to stand on it's own two feet without forcing through law that people pay even if they never use any of it's services.

Apart from the excellent sport and news coverage I wouldn't watch most of the shite it has to offer for the price.

So about 27,000000 households in the UK and if all of them are paying the license fee that would be £145 x 27000000 = £3915000000 they aren't obviously and the BBc's budget is about 2.4 Billion ish.

I agree some important documentaries and programs may never have been produced without the BBC but the cost is huge to the consumer and with very little choice and if your paying you should have choice.

They show plenty of old shit but not 'In sickness and health'! Do they? Well later on dads army's repeated again, it's funny but I'd like a bit of Alf for a change. Watch out the PC brigade's about!

In keeping with the IT mood remember this cock up?

http://metro.co.uk/2016/05/09/its-10-years-since-a-man-was-interviewed-on-bbc-by-mistake-5871153/

Just how much better could they do with regards to investment in new programs if they weren't paying such ridiculous salaries to the 'stars' Graham Norton FFS?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/20/bbc-presenters-angry-as-top-actors-avoid-salary-disclosure/

Research it for yourselves the pay some of the BBC exec's get paid!

Throw them to the wolves and see if they survive is what I'm thinking.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon