Reply to post: Now an Then

Windows 10: Happy with Anniversary Update?

highlander2016

Now an Then

Every now and then its nice to find an Operating System that isnt:

A) Windows

B) GNU/Linux (Quote "Unix Like" but not really more "Unix" than Unix!)

Software industry only has itself to blame for the state of affairs they find themselves in, BeOS suddenly became Haiku & embraced the GNU - GlibC

BSD Lite - Became OpenBSD & NetBSD and both embraced the GNU - GLibC

In fact your a little hard pressed these days to find an operating system that hasnt employed the terribly shitty standard known as: POSIX!

However they are out there and you just need to look around!

KolibriOS

SharkOberon

Oberon

BlueBottle

RISC OS Open

Nitros-9

Plan 9

Perhaps wise to avoid the GCC tool-chain when you consider that 95% of all software bugs seem to flow unendingly from it - thats what tends to happen when you let some guy using eMacs loose with a C++ compiler & then along comes more imbeciles and they want to put Coffee (JAVA) in it!

Nothing to see here, just the usual crowd I see, busy #!Bashing M$ and vice a versa #!Bashing there Penguin..

So glad I had the foresight to switch over to RISC OS written on the BBC Acorn Basic and now available as a (SoC) system on a chip for the "Hackers" Raspberry Pi

It's not "Linux" and it's not "WIndows" it's "Basic C" and no it doesnt SPY on me!

Wanky "Google" with it's "Linux backdoor" and wanky "Redmond" with there out dated and very screwed up OS do not interest me in the least.

What interest's me is software that works, not proclaims to work, then falls over which both Lunix & Windows both do quite successfully all on there own!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon