Reply to post: Bios issues.

Windows 10 pain: Reg man has 75 per cent upgrade failure rate

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Bios issues.

You think they would have bios /UEFI down by now but nope. I have an ASUS MB that I was able to install windows 8/10 no problems. Windows 7 required a bios update. I've been called out to a site were the customer complaint was the machine would not go to sleep right. I was called out to replace the MB and flash it to the most current bios. That did not fix the issue. I called HP support and they just told me it's bug in windows that will never be fixed. Quick google search revealed that that specific line of HP did not sleep/hibernate right .

My absolute favorite was this one. I was called out to replace and IBM mother board. Procedure dictates you flash the bios and write the service number to the board. I did this and thought Every thing was peachy. It was not. It would not boot. I reinstalled the OS and nothing. I called it in and their solution was to issue a new mother board. I went through three mother boards before I got an call from an old timer. He told me not to flash the bios Some ass wipe bungged the the bios so that you can not boot off a SATA device. The guy did not put it that nicely.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon