Reply to post: Re: What's Wrong with Slurp?

My Microsoft Office 365 woes: Constant crashes, malware macros – and settings from Hell

Anonymous Coward
Linux

Re: What's Wrong with Slurp?

Trevor - I feel your pain and despite being a long term user of Linux (Gentoo for me, Arch for the missus, Ubuntu and Debian for work) its not been all plain sailing.

That said: email + calendaring etc - Evolution it works rather well against our stalled corporate Exch 2010 to 2016 migration. My Evo client, due to using EWS instead of MAPI/OA and the other bollocks, along with Mac clients using EWS is rather happier on a mailbox move than Outlook. Visio is a bit of a bugger - Dia and Co don't cut it but Libre office does seem to import it somehow into a viewable form. Word to Writer and Excel to Calc are pretty good.

I phoned a member of staff to do something for me 20 mins before I got to the office. When I arrived he was still waiting for his Win 10 thingie to do something unintelligible and unlikely. I walked up to my desk, logged in and cracked on.

Did I mention that I don't bother hunting for drivers or third party updates? They are all built in and many of them support things that Windows gave up on years ago. It's not perfect but I generally find I do work, useful work better than I ever did with MS's offerings. It does not take me 30+ mins to log in. /etc/skel copies really quickly.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon