Reply to post: The best PPT show I've ever seen

Microsoft adds useful feature to PowerPoint. Seriously

Anonymous Custard

The best PPT show I've ever seen

Just to counterpoint some of the posts (including my own) above about the worst presentation/presenter they've ever seen, thought I'd post about the best I've ever seen.

Was a guy at a scientific conference a couple of decades back (back in my PhD student days). He had a footer running across the bottom of each slide which contained 2 or 3 cells from a cartoon story. As he went through the slides, the story was played out.

The icing on the cake was when he got to the last slide, where we were all of course expecting a conclusion summarising everything he'd been talking about (fairly well and interestingly, to give him his due) and he just said "and now I bet you all want to know how it ended..." and put up a slide that was basically completely blank except for the cartoons across the bottom, which closed off the story.

He basically got a standing ovation from the crowd as it was so refreshing from the death by PowerPoint we'd been suffering for the rest of the conference across several days.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon