Reply to post: 3D Meetings in a Power Point World?

How's this for irony? US Navy hit with $600m software piracy claim

cray74

3D Meetings in a Power Point World?

WTF is a 3D meeting? Do you mean all these boring meetign I've been sitting through for years have been in 2D?

I'm sure a lot of US Navy personnel can ask that, as can victims of their meetings. Unless something's changed radically in the past 3-4 years the Navy (and rest of DoD) liked their meeting presentations in Power Point (or .pdf slideshows converted from Power Point). And they liked many other things in Power Point, including engineering and progress reports that never belonged in such formats.

So even if the Navy has enough computers to put 558,466 copies of this software on - I saw the posts about the number of personnel and users of Navy computers - I have trouble believing there's so many copies in use. Or if the users are even aware it exists on their computers.

Though, to rebut myself, my employer is always trying to roll out trendy new collaborative tools like TV told them cool Millennials are using: wikis, sharepoints, chat rooms, forums, etc. All the engineers just keep using email and phone calls, and probably couldn't name half the communication tools that've been installed in the past five years.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon