Reply to post: Re: Wait until the weekend to install

Webpages, Word files, print servers menacing Windows PCs – yup, it's Patch Tuesday

Mark 85

Re: Wait until the weekend to install

Perhaps if MS started concentrating on security instead of useless 'bells and whistles' that no-one wants (Windows 10, I'm looking at you) we wouldn't have so many patches to install year after year.

Possibly. But it's possible that they just toss bodies at the Win OS and the old saying about "too many cooks spoiling the broth" applies. Especially if there's not much being done to check the code or test it.

Having read what I just wrote, I wonder about all those thousands of employees... mostly sales, PR, admin types? Not enough coders or testers? I realize there's probably still zillions of lines in legacy code in Windows, but crikey... this shit seems to get worse every month. I would hope that at some point, a complete code review would occur and all the old, useless, vulnerable stuff would be stripped out. Expensive? Yes. Doable? Maybe not so much in reality.

Yes, Linux is on standby for 3 of the 4 machines here at home, with one already happily running it.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon