Reply to post: Re: Minty? @David: good post.

Microsoft's Windows 10 nagware goes FULL SCREEN in final push

Palpy

Re: Minty? @David: good post.

Nicely put.

I do run Linux, and I do think "...it gets better every day!". Well, given that it's been 4 years now, the pace of new "oh wow" has slowed, so "it gets better every week" is more like it.

I'm no neckbeard, and I'm not very smart at all. But in Linux I can run a much more secure system that Windows out of the box (Qubes). I can run a very fast system (Q4OS) with up-to-date software on a 32-bit laptop (the one in the kitchen, that streams music, news, and looks up recipes). And when done with this bit of inconsequential nattering, I'm off to the bedroom audio booth to boot up KX Studio and work on one of my wretched audio projects, which I hope to make less wretched by opening up some sonic space between the tracks. (I used to try to record back in the day of Vista, but had vicious latency problems with the hardware I was using. KX Studio works.)

So: for me, the "why" of moving from Windows to Linux was the need for a new desktop box at the time when Win 8 was the OS installed. Ubuntu was a way to avoid what I saw as an utterly untenable OS. But the effect of the move was to make a lot of things much easier, quicker, and more interesting.

Your OS mileage is different, and that's as it should be. Cheers.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon