Reply to post:

Microsoft's Windows 10 nagware goes FULL SCREEN in final push

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

It only happens if you install a particular update that appeared for me today - possibly marked "Important". Didn't note the KB number - just saw the description with that big blue screen and promptly hit "hide".

Hopefully none of my users will install it - they are all aware now that anything other than a "security" update is not safe.

Downloaded Linux Mint 17.3 Cinnamon yesterday and created the install DVDs to try on one of the spare laptops. Time to prepare the belt and braces in case W7 gets compromised before 2020.

It would be a shame to lose Pegasus mail which has been the mainstay since my first foray onto the internet in about 1996. Too much to expect there to ever be a Linux version. Will keep an offline XP system alive to see my email archives. That will also handle any Paintshop Pro 7 work.

Unfortunately my major Windows development relies on Excel 2010 VBA. This week I discovered that only a handful of people now use my weekly results - so porting it to Linux and Free/LibreOffice is not a necessity.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon