Reply to post: Re: I call bo**cks!!!!

Vodafone hints at relocation from UK

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: I call bo**cks!!!!

@"WTO-standard 10% import duty when they land in the EU."

Keep in mind the UK has a trade deficit of 25 BEELLION quid with the EU. So unless the EU is adverse to receiving free money, they'll accept EEA membership of the UK.

If they refuse? Well you listed car tariffs which are higher than most tarriffs, but overall the total to subsidize the exporters to compensate for the EU duty would still be only around 8 billion, which is still 2 billion less than UK pays to EU now.

i.e. EU have nothing to offer because UK was on such a stinky deal anyway that even being out of the EEA is still a better deal.

Maybe my numbers are wrong, but as I'm crunching the spreadsheets now, the Brexit scaremongering looks like shit. UK was simply on a shit deal, it was paying the second largest contribution for access to a market, and had a huge deficit with that market.

UK was paying through the nose to take a huge loss on exports, and that money was subsidizing competitors in the EU it was competing against.

The sooner they get out the better.

Get Boris in power and RUN don't walk to the Brexit. Every month is another billion down the plug hole.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon