Reply to post:

Why you should Vote Remain: Bananas, bathwater and babies

Lars Silver badge
Happy

@ James Anderson

No it's a lot more complicated than that. Products produced in Britain are, I would guess, mostly products also produced in the rest of the EU. Those companies in the EU who have had to compete with British products will now have an advantage. Regardless of Brexit or not you will still have to import what you don't produce. Then there are the multinationals who produce products in Britain for the EU. Take cars for instance, why would they continue producing them in Britain, except for the ones for the British market.

You, and you are not alone, in overestimating Britain's industrial value alone. Then consider the fact that both France and Germany have a higher percentage of people working in the industry. Which leads us to the financial sector. The idea that London would gain and Frankfurt would lose is just ridiculous.

And I seriously wonder if you could come up with similar positive advantages you seem to believe in if it was about France. As an economy France is very much on pair with Britain. You find it here:

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2001rank.html

You are letting your national feelings run away with your common sense, My advantage as not British is that I do not need "feelings" when pondering about this,

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon