Reply to post: 4 out of 7 teapots would agree

PC market sinking even faster than first thought, thanks to Windows 10

Douchus McBagg

4 out of 7 teapots would agree

not being funny, but I'd have thought that in the consumer space, being able to bring the latest software to potentially aging hardware would have been a good thing?

so this market shrinking headline could be just a small view of the overall PC world environment?

or would we rather hear a re-run of the vista woes of "you need to buy a new pc".

at least if you did buy a new machine for vista it'd probably be at least a core2 equiv. device that it still supported in windows10.

sorry Microsoft, you're damned if you do support older kit, and dammed if you demand the latest..

meanwhile in the enterprise space, we have a 3 year life cycle, so my corporate gen3 i7 laptop and hexcore xeon "desktop" are going end of life, and are unfortunately due a visit to the shredder, and will be replaced. Plus I've just sent off the first batch of perfectly fine, just out of currency, 30" screens to be destroyed. *sad sigh*

So Dell and HP et.al and their corporate resellers that don't really care about the consumer space. its the enterprise that keeps the money flowing. crack that, and you're made. Something Lenovo seem to be struggling with and to their cost.

like the business class seats on a plane pay for the aircraft, fuel etc. with a bit of creamy profit on top, and the cheap seats are just pure profit... meanwhile the lower tier vendors scrap it out for the crumbs off the economy floor.

As for Microsoft, well, we're staying windows7 and office2010, so no more bones to the big BillyG till we start getting vendor qualified applications to roll out that demand anything else.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon