Reply to post: Re: Hopefully Brexit...

Google is the EU Remain campaign's secret weapon

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Hopefully Brexit...

The additional climate costs on the steel industry by any carbon tax (and its only a couple of percent or less I think if you look at the analysis) are dwarfed by lack of investment and cheaper imports - (tarriffs on imports to the EU were blocked by those arch europhiles the UK government.....). If you think that by leaving the EU, investment will not shift to large companies other EU plants, you may well be in for an unpleasant surprise. As far as engineering excellence is concerned yes we have some but have you noticed where virtually all our trains are built these days (a clue its not the UK). The same goes for shipping. The one person I know who really knows economics and markets (i.e. a professor in said subject) says that from an economic point of view the brexit plans don't really make sense (even IDS on the radio the other morning tacitly admitted that if there was an economic downturn it was a price worth paying......). But yes by all means vote brexit - but you may live to regret it.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon