Reply to post: Re: pardon my ignorance but..

TeamViewer denies hack after PCs hijacked, PayPal accounts drained

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: pardon my ignorance but..

@ Adam JC and Known Hero - I KNOW who Teamviewers main target audience is, thanks, very - we use it where I work (I have to use it to look at user desktops on an almost daily basis). And I've used VNC at home in the past. But in these very pages some have reported having fallen victim to the reported problem under circumstances that puzzled me. So I politely asked for enlightenment as to how that came to be. Giving a snarky answer to such a question is as stupid as it is impolite. Although granted, you HAVE then gone on to actually answer my question somewhat, KH, so thanks for that but (raspberry) for being a boor.

And - bearing in mind I did indirectly allude to my innocence of such things, and I'm saying so explicitly now - runing what 'services' on your server? I genuinely do not know what sort of things one would have a home server accessible from the internet for and I'm curious. Yes, I have simply stuck to that tech I either needed/wanted myself or needed to understand for the various jobs I've had, and not much else. No, I've never needed to know anything about servers other than that they're what web pages and databases live on. :-} The only time I've gone out of my comfort zone with IT post the Amigas heyday was back when Windows 98SE pee'd me off so badly I looked for an alternative and found Linux, which I've used since.

I very much hope you're not affected by the issues with TV, too!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon