Reply to post: Re: Too little too late

The Windows Phone story: From hope to dusty abandonware

Updraft102

Re: Too little too late

I think it's the app gap that keeps people from Windows phones. That and inertia... it will take time for people to upgrade their existing phones and to get used to MS being in the market, even if they had a good app store.

I don't think it's about the reputation for insecurity Windows has. Android has one too, and deservedly so, but they have the lion's share of the smartphone market anyway. Most Android phones will not receive timely security updates, and even the belated updates will only come once or twice before the phone is abandoned by the carrier. The updates are actually one of the reasons TO buy a Windows phone.

It's similar with the alleged Windows reputation for slowness. I'm not sure how prevalent this belief is; I know some people say that, but others (like me) find Windows to be quite responsive. Android, also, has a reputation for frequent stuttering and a lack of smoothness as well as slowness that gets worse over time after a reboot, but again, it's got the majority of the smartphone market anyway.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon