Reply to post:

Microsoft won't back down from Windows 10 nagware 'trick'

SImon Hobson Bronze badge

> This morning I had the pleasure of hiding KB3035583 for the fourth time.

That's because, as found by someone else, that Microsoft keep changing the version number of it - so that Windows Update treats it as a new update. This is not the update you've hidden before !

MS are lucky I don't have the means to take them on, I am fairly certain that if someone could get them to court (in the UK) it would be game over with a criminal conviction (Computer Misuse Act). Telling Winblows Upbloat that "no I don't want this installing, and no I don't want to be shown it again" should be fairly indisputable as removing any assumed consent to installing this crap on the computer. That they go to such lengths to bypass such users stated intent is clear (IMO) premeditation for the criminal act of interfering with all these computers.

Winbloat 10 may or may not be the best thing since sliced bread (personally I struggle not to toss the darn thing out of the window when having to use that fscking stupid UI), but given all the security chasms (aka sending unspecified stuff to unspecified people in unspecified locations for unspecified reasons) built in by design - I have no intention of using it.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon