Reply to post: Re: As a consumer - 2 key issues ...

Microsoft's Windows Phone folly costs it another billion dollars

Dadmin

Re: As a consumer - 2 key issues ...

"the senior directors (who wanted iPhones) were batted away with "you can only have Microsoft because of security""

PRICELESS!

"Security" on a Win*? Surely, you jest. Very very funny! Thank you!

All my Androids are getting kicked to the curb. I ran a Motorola RAZR from summer 2005, when it was shiny new, thru this January 2016 when the RAZR was not as sharp, but still looking shiny. I switched to an Android for a few months, having used only Android tablets of the Sammy variety for several years. I did have a first gen iPod Touch, but didn't much care for the App Store at first. Now that I've switched to a iPhone 6s+ I can't believe how long I stuck with Android! Security issues galore, weak manufacturer ecosystem, semi-forced bloatware, cheap hardware, just tat with a marginal screen and an interesting Play Store. Everything about the iPhone is just better; the screen stays cleaner, it's got better res and brightness, the apps I left behind are all on the App Store. You get what you pay for, and I'm paying for better security right out of the box and just a better ecosystem that does not orphan my devices left and right, like Sammy does. We'll see in a few year if my iDevice is left behind or not, but so far, so good.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon