Reply to post: Re: Business phone ... anyone?

Microsoft's Windows Phone folly costs it another billion dollars

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Business phone ... anyone?

An iPhone 5c for "much less than €120"? Apple doesn't sell those anymore, but I'm sure you could get one for that price used - but the guy you replied to was talking about getting a relatively current model for that price. You could argue a Ferrari costs less than a Honda, if you buy one after it has hit a truck head on at 100 mph :)

I do agree that Apple's enterprise support is if anything getting better - not that this is a high bar for Apple who traditionally hasn't played in that market. But between the agreement with IBM (which was more about tablets) and the iPad Pro (which was obviously about tablets) they clearly care about playing in that market. There are rumors there will be a third "Pro" version of the iPhone 7 this fall. With rumors who knows whether that is true and if so what would make it "Pro", but I wouldn't be surprised for them to continue slowly but surely trying to better serve the enterprise market.

An iPhone 7 Pro sure as hell won't be at €120 though. If you are looking for budget, Android is your only choice now that Windows Phone is collapsing in upon itself.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon