Reply to post: Re: "SIM free" ?

World goes SIM-free, leaving Sony and HTC trailing behind

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: "SIM free" ?

What the hell are people doing with their phones that they can't get through a day on battery? I don't talk on my phone nearly as much as I used to (thanks to Lync/Skype meetings replacing the need to dial in to conference calls, and text/email displacing some social calls) so maybe that's the difference, but I'm using it probably two hours a day for apps/browsing - mostly while I'm watching TV so I'm kind of absent minded doing both.

I charge it every other day, occasionally I get three days out of a charge, with an iPhone 6S plus. I am in disbelief that anyone would seriously suggest trying to sell people TWO phones, so one can be charging. I hope that was in jest. Otherwise, this person clearly needs 1) a phone with a swappable battery or 2) to add a "battery case" to the phone that gives it an extra 5000 mAh of battery life. If you still can't get by with that, you need to buy a better phone, because battery life isn't your problem but your phone's shitty battery consumption.

There is no market for people having two phones so one can be charging while the other is in use, nor should there ever be.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon