Reply to post: Re: That's not too bad

Manchester cops to strap on 3K bodycams

User McUser

Re: That's not too bad

"Surely a nurse or technician with special training would take such a sample and not the beat cop that responds at the scene of a crime."

No. "Beat cop" is called "response" because they respond to anything turns up.

Huh? Camera or not, the police officer that responds to a crime is NOT going to be collecting evidence - that's a crime-scene technician or detective's job. You don't want evidence tainted or damaged by someone who isn't properly skilled and allow a criminal to escape justice based on a technicality do you?

"And again, most likely the kid is going to be handled by an expert who knows how to explain things to little kids."

No. You really have no idea what you're talking about.

If you say so. I happen to personally know a CPS (that's Child Protective Services) agent and he does this sort of thing all the time. The police call CPS when they have a child in a situation like this because CPS agents have the knowledge and experience that the police officers don't.

"I don't see how it being recorded is somehow a problem"

Then you really need to see more people in emotionally stressful situations

Well then I'd need a video of it wouldn't I?

What's the scenario here that has you so worried? So cop tells family that their grandpa is dead and then the camera like blows a raspberry at them or something? Or does it just start immediately uploading to YouTube and leaving racist comments?

Seriously though, how does the presence of a camera recording these events ruin or complicate them?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon