Reply to post: Re: Ahh

Girls outpace boys in US IT and engineering test

David Webb

Re: Ahh

I think a few of these replies actually highlighted the validity of my initial post.

@Charlie Clark - there was an article on this site a couple of years ago about a female IT person who was expected to keep up appearances, even at IT events, when she would have preferred to dress the same way as men would as she was more comfortable.

Why don't women want to work in IT? Probably because of the reasons I pointed out already, women working in IT are given a much harder time by their male counterparts, who believe if they have got ahead of them then they have done it because they have tits, not because they have better skills in their chosen field. There are many barriers for women in IT, mostly created by men.

@MondoMan - yes, yes it is

@codejunky - when was the last time a guy told you he would come and rape you because you posted your views upon a subject? How about if it was a common occurrence for you, so much so that you had to quit a job that you loved because of the threats? Would you call that a feminist issue or an issue of men?

@AC - Would he get any rewards for his white knighting or would he be left in the friend zone? thankfully there are idiots like you who prove any point without even trying, you have guys in this thread who make perfectly valid points and counterpoints, express their side with elegance and decorum, then they have you come along.........

@The Other AC - Women are better, so they need extra help No sir, Women are (statistically speaking) better, so need to be treated as equals because of their skills, not as inferior because of their gender.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon