Reply to post: Re: Have to ask...

Big Pharma wrote EU anti-vaping diktat, claims Tory ex-MEP

Steven Raith

Re: Have to ask...

Indeed. I'll switch between 3mg and 0mg depending on the flavour in my bigger, cloudier, more hilariously anti-social devices, depending on whether it adds something to it. Quite a lot of fruity flavours work quite well with 3mg on them as it adds a little bit of tart to the inhale (I find, anyway) whereas sweet, toffee, custardy, vanilla sort of flavours don't tend to need that. So I'll have them with zero nic.

Really doesn't affect me these days. That said, I do still use 6mg in my mouth to lung device, as that's what I reach for first thing in the morning, and last thing at night (and throughout the day if I fancy something a bit more concentrated in the flavour side, or if I'm in a social situation that denotes big clouds are a no-no - council offices, etc) so I'm not entirely over the nicotine.

If someone said I *had* to use zero nic though, I could probably swing it. The concept of someone taking my cigarettes away though - I'd have bludgeoned them to death with their own arm, that I had just rent from it's socket...

Addiction, dependency and habitual processes are odd, I think.

Semi-related note, we really need to get more funding for long term research on dependency profiles for e-cigs compared to lit tobacco. I reckon that'd be very, very revealing from the hundreds of anecdotes I've seen.....

Steven R

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon