Reply to post: Re: Meh...

Italians rattle little tin for smartmobe mini lenses

Blips

Re: Meh...

It’s almost impossible to show how BLIPS performs on all smartphone models, but we certainly don’t try to avoid showing anything. For example, in the video, around sec 20, you can see how the front side of an iPhone with the camera near the corner looks like with BLIPS already in place, and after about 1’35” you see how the front side appears on a Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo. Moreover, as explained in the video after 1’24”, the film can be cut away in order to adjust it for fitting any shape. The claim that we only show aluminum phones is incorrect, as in the movie and in the campaign description you can see different models (Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo and Galaxy J5) of smartphone with plastic bodies; on phones with glass bodies BLIPS have an even improved adhesion.

BLIPS can stay inside your wallet or even on your phone. If you prefer bulky, and more expensive, objects in order to avoid losing them, you need products with different characteristics, but trust me, we really did our homework on this one and working with IIT means working with top notch scientists that approach problems from more angles that I could have anticipated by myself. I trust that BLIPS is a really neat product and the whole team has put serious passion, love and time into it.

BTW, anyone that cares about privacy, can attach BLIPS to the PC / Mac Camera when not in use, or even the dreaded TVs with cameras that are so often hacked and produce different versions of blurred images in order to protect privacy. After all BLIPS does not leave residues on devices and can be used again and again.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon