Reply to post:

29 years of data shows no mobile phone brain cancer link

Lee D Silver badge

Honestly, was anyone with a brain ever expecting anything else?

We'd be dead already from all kinds of other stuff now if this was true.

P.S. I work in schools and want a refund for all the time, effort and money I've personally wasted on this, including meetings at previous schools where parents complained about phone masts near the school (that we had no control over as it wasn't our property), wifi points in the classroom, etc. while simultaneously asking why they couldn't make phone calls inside the school or pick up their email while they waited for their little darlings, handing their children wifi-pumping babysitting tablets for use in the car as soon as they got out of school, and strapping phones and bluetooth dongle to their own heads WHILE DRIVING.

But no, obviously the risk is some mast several hundred metres away that you passed dozens of on the way to school but just didn't notice, and some wifi point in a corridor because it has blinky lights and looks "scary".

Do you know, I still get subtly asked by parents if I "know" I'm frying their children's brains by putting wifi into schools? Usually in the same breath that they mention they couldn't get on the guest Wifi from their smartphone to check Twitter to see when the cricket match ends.

And when I answer with studies like this, they look at me as disbelieving as if I was telling them that their children eating asbestos is absolutely fine and normal.

It also reminds me of the guy who "used to work for BT" who insisted that if you ran fibre optic and power in the same duct it would "interfere with the signal".

Can I please book the entire world on an introductory physics course covering electromagnetism?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon