Reply to post: This is a piss poor article.... Re: Marketroids

IBM's quantum 'puter news proves Big Blue still doesn't get 'cloud'

Ian Michael Gumby
Flame

This is a piss poor article.... Re: Marketroids

Ok,

First, yes, IBM's marketeers aka marketdroids aka shit for brains, just don't get it.

IBM's current decade slide is a testament to that.

But beyond this... here's the thing. You have a scarce resource. A quantum computer to play with if you have the right credentials.

So put yourself in IBM's shoes. How do they market this play toy and yet limit access to those who would actually do something of value with it?

IBM put themselves in to a no win situation.

Were I IBM, I would have done things slightly differently. I would have marketed this by saying that they were putting a quantum computer up on their cloud and are granted a select few access if they can show that they deserve access. Just being honest and up front about it... Sign up, make a case and if we (IBM) think you have merit, we'll grant you access.... I get it and I think most sane normal rational people would get it.

But then again, we're talking about IBM Marketing which haven't a clue about how to have a mature conversation where they aren't trying to sell you something.

THIS IS WHY IBM IS STILL STRUGGLING TO TURN THEIR SHIP AROUND AND ARE FLAILING IN THE BIG DATA ANALYTICS AREANA.

But hey! What do I know... I'm just a commentard who's flaming both IBM's stupid as usual marketeers and of course the lazy El Reg reporting...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon