Reply to post: This week's DevOps BS decoded

The Devils of DevOps stick it to YOU

SVV

This week's DevOps BS decoded

"One of the major activity elements inherent to the world of DevOps is exchange, connection and the ability to pass code and other information from one place to another."

Ever heard of having a single, shared code repository? With indentifiable complete releases?

"there’s a growing risk that teams will act independently of each other"

Erm, that's why you need development managers.

"but what happens when project number 101 is mandated or you buy a new dev and test team of five people? It’s back to the AWS contract re-negotiation board."

Can anyone explain what this means, other than that if you need more servers you have to buy more servers?

"Automated testing happens too late in the DevOps-centric software system development lifecycle "

Well then that lifecycle is total crap because you need to start automated testing and writing tests from day one of coding.

"your work teams are not building quality in at the beginning by implementing automated testing and deployment strategies."

See my previous sentence.

"chief security strategist Venafi, told The Reg: “Gartner reports that ..."

This is always a nice way of saying that you don't need to read the rest of the sentence.

"this generation’s equivalent of the earlier era’s cultural touchstone piece marketing and other businesses on "doing" community The Cluetrain Manifesto"

Nope, I didn't understand this sentence either.

"His answer: “Improving daily work is even more important than doing daily work,” Kim says in his book."

Gosh Gene Kim, DevOps Guru, thank you for letting me know that focusing on quality whilst doing my daily work is even more important than doing my daily work..... or something like that, I only wish that somebody before you had been smart enough to know that quality is important.

Anyway keep these articles coming, El Reg has always had a good eye for comical pieces on IT and we get them so regularly under the DevOps category. Unfortunately a good many pointy headed bosses don't seem to realise the laughs we're all having when we read them.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon