Reply to post: On the nuisance to non-smokers issue

E-cigarettes help save lives, says Royal College of Physicians

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

On the nuisance to non-smokers issue

I don't in the least mind what other people suck into their lungs, just so long as they don't insist that I do so as well. With that in mind, my pet peeve is those who walk along the street NOT smoking themselves, but making damned sure everyone withn 10-20 metres downwind does. Stand still and smoke the thing properly, y'ratbags, please! That way, at least I can hold my breath whilst I walk past you, but if you're the antisocial idiot ahead and upwind of me stinking the area out when I'm having to walk to the train station, it's flipping annoying.

That aside - I'm really, really pleased to hear that e-cigarettes have had such a beneficial health impact. Whilst I've never understood why anyone born in the last 50 years would want to take up smoking, I sympathise with the difficulty of giving up such an adivtive activity, and if e-cigarettes are helping smokers not get such devastingly bad health side-effects, then that's excellent! Bet the UK government tries to tax e-smokers much as they did old-school smokers though, never mind the sense of it...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon