Reply to post:

Are bearded blokes more sexist?

Known Hero
Thumb Down

I noticed I got a lot of thumbs down for mentioning the "M" word !! (really are we at that stage now !!!)

But if you bothered to read the story written, it was the researchers way of writing that I was commenting upon, But no no no, you all grab your pitchforks and downvote away !! I must be a dailymail skinhead due to the simple reason I uttered the M word :/

Actually it was a response in particular to two paragraphs which led to my comment pointing out it was a rather long winded way of not actually pointing the finger whilst pointing the finger. personally I cant think of many faiths requiring beard growth who have a reputation for not treating women with much respect.

Authors Kahl Hellmer and T. Johanna Stenson elaborate: "We suggest that facial hair is, to some extent, used by men as a sociocultural symbol that, depending on the cultural environment, signals qualitatively distinct group membership

"Consequently, men in different cultures and traditions cease shaving to pursue different social group memberships, some of which may — or may not — be tied to more traditional or conservative values."

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon