Reply to post:

Are bearded blokes more sexist?

WolfFan Silver badge

what a round a bout way of stating, it might be influenced by the muslim faith not respecting women much & requiring beards. or ...... am I being too sceptical

Errm... in the first place, there's nothing in Islam about having a beard.

In the second place, when I think of 'India' and beards, I think Sikhs, and beards are required in Sikhism for all guys. However, Sikhs are notorious for being of the opinion that women (or at least Sikh women) are equal to men (or at least Sikh men) and superior to some men (that would be any man who's not a Sikh). In other words, Sikh girls are superior to you, boyo, and won't be shy about saying so. And most Sikh girls won't require any assistance from Sikh guys in kicking non-Sikh ass.

In the third place, while some Muslims (Saudi nutbags, for example) aren't particularly respectful of women, others have little or no problems. The Saudi nutbags and those who think like them really hate that, and in many cases don't consider such Muslims to be true Muslims. Said not-really-true-Muslims tend to ignore the Saudi nutbags and friends, which really makes the nutbags upset.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon