Reply to post: Re: I have a question....

HTC 10: Flagship goes full Google – but the hardware's top notch

Triggerfish

Re: I have a question....

You are so right there, its become the winner for me.

Few years back went to see some friends in Thailand, had a Galaxy S2 by the time I had travelled down on an overnight train, got a ferry across to the island I was meeting them on. My phone was long dead even though it had been switched off on the train journey and I had not used it for much during the remaining day, spent a while finding someone where I could plug in and charge enough to call them, and then had to travel to the other side of the island to find them, pain in the arse when you have been up all night.

Took a Z3 this year and happily spent a month wandering round Vietnam at Christmas, You need Google Maps permanently on when walking round Hanoi it's a bloody maze, likewise used the same for motorbike journeys down the coast between cities, and I got to use it as a bloody smart phone as well, surfing stuff when stopped for a coffee, making calls the usual stuff. Still would have charge at the end of the day which often meant the thing had been on the go by then for a 16hr day without me caring about preserving battery life, (Did occasionally get a bit hot though).

Felt like I had a mobile phone again, rather than a devce I had to coddle between charge points.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon