Reply to post: Re: Oh not your 79% bullshit again

NBN shenanigans: someone wants broadband speeds hidden

Pompous Git Silver badge

Re: Oh not your 79% bullshit again

Why is your head buried so far up your arse that you can't see the benefit of FTTP for the whole of Australia? What financial gain do you receive for trying to fuck the betterment of this country in both the business and personal broadband sectors?

And where do you provide evidence that either head of the bicephalic monster that resides in Canberra ever was going to provide FTTP for the whole of Australia? My guesstimate is that 25-30% of my neighbours will be transferred from ADSL to satellite. The rest of us now have access to FW and it costs me ten times as much per GB as my old ADSL connection. For the first six months my 12 Mb/s connection delivered no more than 3 Mb/s and often less*. While ADSL worked 24/7, the FW connection goes out completely for several hours about once a week. Why we weren't provided FTTP has never been adequately explained to me. Surely to goodness the poles that remain carrying the copper for our POTS could have been used to carry fibre instead.

South of me is the town of Dover where many years ago the abalone divers had FTTP installed in their homes. That is to be removed and replaced by FW and satellite as part of the original NBN Plan.

So, instead of blaming Mathew42 for "fuck[ing] the betterment of this country in both the business and personal broadband sectors", why don't you blame NBN Co or the ALP who planned this monstrosity? I'm quite sure they had far more to do with it than Mathew42.

* Mostly I get 10 Mb/s these days. Fortunately I chose EscapeNet. I nearly went with IINet as they delivered the full 12 Mb/s, but at a higher cost. My son told me on Saturday that since TPG purchased IINet that speeds have plummeted to much lower than what I have. So it goes...

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3483466236

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon