Reply to post: Re: Another reason...

That naked picture on my PC? Not mine. The IT guy put it there

Wzrd1 Silver badge

Re: Another reason...

"Absolutely correct but "Dave" was vindictive, he didn't report the guy until he realised the guy wasn't going to crawl to him."

I've been in information security for government networks for quite a few years and have given that "don't do that anymore, it's bloody intimately logged" talk quite a few times.

Some idiots do try that dodge and I then dump the idiot's traffic logs and ask him how he'd like his superior to see that high risk activity. I then assign them back for retraining on their annual end user security awareness training, which wouldn't have been insisted upon had they simply acknowledged the warning. Not because I'm being petty, but because a gentle warning wasn't acknowledged and I was certain more and likely worse behavior would endanger an entire bloody network.

Endangering an entire network, all to get your jollies is a career ending error, take the warning, don't do it again and we'll forget about it. Do that crap on the civilian network, on your personal equipment.

After all, if you get malware from that surfing, now I have to investigate, report on it way upstairs and some serious personnel actions are certain to follow, with an iron clad chain of evidence.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon