Reply to post:

Waleed Aly's NBN intervention is profoundly unhelpful

Tac Eht Xilef

"I would rather a good solid 25mb within the next 3 months (when our FTTN node goes live), rather than wait for 2020 to get the Rolls Royce solution."

And I'm in a similar, but opposite boat - inner suburbia, ADSL is 12mbps on a good day, half the local exchange area is already cutover to the NBN, my part is in the queue for rollout to commence in 3 months, and preliminary survey/remediation work has already commenced.

Well, at least that was the case in late 2013 - right before the Government changed and Abbott & Turnbull brought FTTP to a screaming halt. 2 1/2 years later, and we've seemingly been bumped off the end of the list - the NBN's website says "Not currently available. The nbn™ network rollout has not started in your area. Keep checking the website for more information".

Meanwhile, the "new, improved, FTTN / Technology Mix" NBN timetable & costing have blown out to match the original FTTP plans, and the o-side cabling around here is in such bad shape we're averaging a voice/ADSL service affecting fault every 3~4 months.

Such is the power of anecdotes - for each one, you will always find the opposite...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon