Reply to post: Re: Seriously

Spanish launch heroic bid to seize Brit polar vessel

Lars Silver badge
Happy

Re: Seriously

Please, I have nothing against your comment. But then again, do you really think groups of people around the world and Europe suddenly decided to invent a new language from scratch. People just popping out of the ground here and there. As a silly side remark, how would you invent a new language without a language. It's a long story, languages evolve and change. With no contact with each other they change radically, just look at how fairly short distances within England have crated different dialects. Arabic numerals, it's a long and interesting story.

The great classics, yes I do agree, but If in Chine they have decided they have their own great classics, then I have no problem with that either.

Human history is damned interesting if at times rather, should I say bloody interesting. So far so good, regardless.

As for the pillaging Vikings, I suppose they did as well as they could. Those who didn't go back home settled down, enriched their surrounding like in England, Normandy, Russia and a bit in Spain and Italy.

Not that many in numbers, I doubt their loot would fill even the lady's WC in the British Museum.

Calm down.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon