Reply to post: The falacy of Framework dependencies

Love our open API? Talk to our lawyers, says If This Then That

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

The falacy of Framework dependencies

So you build your 'product' using one or more 'frameworks' that make the time to market a whole lot shorter and then complain if the owners of the framework want to get some revenue for the use of said framework?

Really?

Where is your plan 'B'?

You know, the one that allows you to put two fingers up at the evil barstewards who now want to get some income from their work?

not got one? Well tough shit.

Suddenly the scaffolding that surrounded your building has been blown away (like many in the storm last Monday) and you are left to pick up the pieces.

Perhaps you should have been using some GPL'd framework in the first place? I don't know.

All I do know is that anyone with half a business brain would know not to put all their eggs in one basket.

IT is even taught to MBA Numbskulls.

As for this particular App/site/whatever, I personally could not care less.

The guy needs to get working on an alternative (or two) ASAP so he can vote with his feet and give the old framework the finger.

However, it does seem that the frameworkd owners have gone a tad too far in trying to monetize everything that passes through their framework. PErhaps their lawyers are Shyster, Grabbit and Run?

I don't see a long term future for their framework if they stick to their new Terms of service.

Even more reason to have a Plan 'B' then?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2021