Reply to post: Re: Ingenius scam.

Cunning scam: Mobe app stalks victims then emails booby-trapped bogus speeding tickets

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Ingenius scam.

> First you complain about the myth of future cars and later end by stipulating the current situation?

Beg pardon? I did not say anything about "future cars" but about the hypothetical shift of liability from the driver to the manufacturer. And I do not understand what you mean by "stipulating the current situation". I am not entirely sure "stipulate" means what you think it does.

> they want governments in various jurisdictions to work out the various liability issues so that autonomous vehicles can be turned loose on the roadways of the world.

And could you please point where exactly are they lobbying for autonomous vehicles to be operated on public roads without a qualified driver on board?

> They are reportedly willing to accept liability for their cars' actions if that means they will be able to manufacture and sell them

Could you please tell me where I may find one such report?

> This is not the world as we know it today,

Precisely.

> but it is conceivably the world of the very near future.

Conceivable: "Capable of being imagined or grasped mentally."

So yes, of course it's conceivable, out of an infinite number of possible scenarios.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon