Reply to post: Re: Top trolling...

Spanish launch heroic bid to seize Brit polar vessel

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Top trolling...

Yeah; the organisers have really made themselves look like dicks. Firstly putting the name up for grabs on the internet and -apparently- expecting everyone to have sensible suggestions -also apparently- based solely around British Explorer names; and secondly running off home with their ball because everybody didn't let them win.

To start the competition without a simple set of rules to counteract the near-certainty of 4chan and Hitler etc. being involved beggars belief. That and the "we'll take suggestions unless we don't feel like it" combines a bit of a PR own-goal with the worst of power-wielding bureaucrats. It's a lightweight example of the "You can have a vote (because we let you) so you feel involved; but it will do fuck-all to stop us doing whatever the hell we want anyway" current political system. Possibly I'm extrapolating a little too far; but it does seem to be a small example of a larger malaise. If they had expectations; then they should have informed people of what those expectations were upfront. It all becomes a little pointless and unfair otherwise.

On a less grumbly note my new favourite is:

RSS I LIKE BIG BOATS & I CANNOT LIE

...although I must confess that I'm surprised at the lack of punnage using RSS as "arse"...that seems like a gift to me. Maybe the world's dads have better things to do; or possibly those have all been surreptitiously disappeared. Dunno.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon