Reply to post: I blame the internet and peoples ego's

Calm down, dear: Woman claims sexism in tech journalism

nsld

I blame the internet and peoples ego's

Part of the problem is that the internet has a far broader reach than people seem to grasp, and consequently, if you reach more people the chances are some of them will be the types inclined to crack one off over the monitor and send you a picture.

Add into that the "look at me" approach to social media and its little wonder that this kind of thing happens. Twitter is a great example, its like a global Weatherspoons packed full of random inebriates just shouting into the ether, if you post something on twitter it will get some form of reaction, not all of which will be positive. If you don't want negative responses then its probably best not to put your issues in the public domain.

Apparently Holly has been fighting the NHS for years to be sterilised and has now succeeded, I know this, not because I know her but because she tweeted about one of the many news articles about it. So having shared with world and dog that she wants the taxpayer to cough for her tubal ligation (£1500 according to the soaraway Sun) she then complained that people messaged her to try and change her mind or objected to the NHS spending this money on something that's non essential and not life threatening. I hate to break this to people but if you stick your stuff up on the interwebs you can't complain if people respond in a way that you don't like, after all, if you wandered down the street and told people random personal stuff you would probably end up getting sectioned!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon