Reply to post: Re: Small != Small

Let’s re-invent small phones! Small screens! And rubber buttons!

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Small != Small

I caved in and bought an enormo-phone recently and now I wouldn't be without it. Yes, one handed use isn't possible, but the benefits far outweigh the disadvantages for me.

That's actually the thing that Apple may have finally realised: there IS no one-size-fits-all because we all have different uses. The ideal iPhone size for me was the 4S because I use an iPad for anything bigger, but I know some people are quite happy with a phablet - who am I to argue?

My idea phone would have a UI as usable as the iPhone, be as small as the original Motorolo RAZR v3i and have the mad but insanely useful keyboard of the Sony Ericsson p1i which was IMHO genuinely the first "innovation" in things keyboardy worthy of that moniker. I never got on with Blackberry keyboards, but the p1i idea was IMHO genius and worked quite well for me.

Haptic feedback only happens after you press a key, but I prefer to have tactile feedback of real keys. I think it's the new Samsung phone that has an optional keyboard you clamp on the screen, maybe that's worth investigating.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon