Reply to post: Re: Psychic?

Police create mega crime database to rule them all. Is your numberplate in it? Could be

Loyal Commenter Silver badge

Re: Psychic?

Unreported, yet you claim to know the true number. By magic? Or just made up to support an agenda. I think its the latter.

Based, on facts, if you'd bothered to check for yourself.

http://www.lwa.org.uk/understanding-abuse/statistics.htm

"on average there will have been 35 assaults before a victim calls the police" - so yes, vastly under-reported.

What I am suggesting is letting people know if their partner has a history of violent crime (something that in some circumstances they can already check for themselves, but I believe it needs to be more proactive).

As for the police beating people up, do you have any sources for that, or did you invent it to suit an agenda? It might have been a historical problem, but these days, with CCTV in police stations, and almost everything being referred to the IPCC, I think you'll find that it's a very small problem, compared to domestic violence.

My partner happens to work with victims of crime, a large number of whom are victims of domestic abuse, so I happen to have some inkling of what I'm talking about. Unlike you, it seems.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR WEEKLY TECH NEWSLETTER

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2020