Reply to post: Re: DAB would have some great potential if you get propper equipment

LG builds a DAB+ digital radio radio into a smartmobe

Timbo

Re: DAB would have some great potential if you get propper equipment

"But remember the Pure Bug radio? It was, to my knowledge, the only one that came close to the promises with ability to record. I don't know why."

Not quite - PURE also made the Evoke-3 which, like the Bug, paused or recorded live radio DAB (or it would allow "time-shifting", via it's built in timer) to an SD card.

Evoke-3 had a lot going for it - big display, mains/battery operation, DAB/FM operation, stereo speakers with good audio, plus aux input and Toslink output....plus it didn't look like a ugly plastic lump. PS The Bug was designed by one Wayne Hemmingway :(

I doubt record execs would have an issue with recordings made off DAB, given the low data rates and in some cases, mono output of some stations....so, a 64kb or 80kb mono MP2 recording of the latest and greatest "popular" record is hardly going to cause issues, when so much is available on Youtube, which given the right piece of software on your PC can easily be downloaded onto PC.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon