Reply to post:

Hewlett Packard Enterprise axing services techies again

Infrastructure That

What a combination of ridiculous statements to make, i worked there for many years and your statement tells me you didn't get on with someone or some people.

I have never witnessed these things that you mention. If anything the people there were saints having gone through the stress of WFH from HP and the crazy yank Meg Whitman.

Regarding HP i would say yes they needed to be restructured but everyone with half an ounce sense knows it is all about the share price and how much money the executives can make from the lives or ordinary working people. The executives disregard of humanity in the whole WFH management exercise was beyond belief. No number of excuses they can make will make up for the way they have treated people.

Personally i'm glad to be out but only because HP is a god awful, lying, contemptible and abhorrent enterprise. Not because of the people as you have put it. Eds when it was EDS was the best company i had ever worked for and my colleagues were top class individuals.

EDS had it right, but HP came to the party and decided to trash the place. If EDS was still around it would have morphed into a successful enterprise. HP tried to get too big, buying failing products such as Palm to try and compete with Apple and other failed expensive acquisitions.

They squandered £billions away for nothing and wasted effort without doing their due diligence and then decided that everyone else should pay for their mismanagement.

You took the eye off the ball HP and now I long for your demise because frankly you have gotten too big, The left hand knows nothing about the right and now its trying to save itself because the right hand was right all along.

I truly wish that anyone working at HP can get out and spread the word about its demise, about its failing products, about its legacy as it was and still is.

Its my belief that outsourcing will lose lose lose and in-sourcing will win win win in the future and the techies will rise again leading smaller companies onto greater things as they wrestle for control of their own destiny again. HP will be buried in a seas of failed hardware.

DWP Rip-Off: Last year at HP i witnessed the created of a spreadsheet that showed the details of user accounts on all of the Department of Work and Pensions systems.

HP charged the DWP £120,000 for that information (a list of users data). Something that was already theirs as it resided on their services provided by HP. I saw the scandalous charges, i know how long it took and how many people worked on it.. I know that it was already being done in the most part anyway (collecting this data) but HP still charged the DWP £120,000 for it.

I hope the towers of HP come tumbling down but not before the staff can escape to safety under a new wing that will provide them quite rightly with the reward they deserve.

I hope that soon the public sector and even the private sector stops throwing their money at HP for promises that are never delivered and the eventual realization that it would have been much much cheaper and more efficient and worthwhile to have done it themselves.

End rant >>

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon