Reply to post: Re: Aargh bleach my eyeballs

I beg you, please don't back up that secret directory full of photos!

jcitron

Re: Aargh bleach my eyeballs

Oh yeah and I still can remember what I saw too!

My first encounter was back in 2007. Now I've been repairing and building PCs since the early-1980s and it took 20-plus years before I encountered anything that made my stomach churn. I was at work and doing the usual IT stuff including monitoring internet activity.

One particular user was flagged due to a high amount of internet usage and p0rn hits under his username. The others were just high-net users from streaming radio or music during the day, which we didn't care so much about. We'll call this heavy duty user "Joe". Joe liked trannies and she-males and had quite a search history built up in the log files in addition to quite a stash of images on his local drive. I had the honors of speaking with him and handing him over to HR for termination. During our monitoring of his usage, I could not look him in the eye directly!

Another incident happened recently. Being the resident tech at my house, I get to fix various machines for both family and friends of family members. One lady-friend calls me up telling me that her husband's PC was very slow and had difficulties burning stuff to DVDs and wanted me to look at it.

I powered up the machine and did the usual scan for naught bits. It found the usual Trojans and other malware plus the usual other crap we find on abused PCs. After the gazillion reboots the machine I was then ready to see why the DVD wouldn't work. I opened up his "My Documents' folder only to find gay p0rn staring at me in the face. The Explorer settings were set to large tiles and there was every possible weird thing anyone could imagine seeing! I did test the DVD which worked fine. It's issues were related to the amount of background processes causing time-outs and preventing Nero from operating properly.

A few days later, I handed the machine back to the lady and told her it was all set. I never said a word about what I found, though I shutter today when I think about it!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon