Reply to post: Whats the issue ? MS just trying to catch up with iOS and Android

Microsoft wants to lock everyone into its store via universal Windows apps, says game kingpin

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Whats the issue ? MS just trying to catch up with iOS and Android

I am NO fan of windows 10 I only have it on an isolated test machine only. and wont let it near production while it has the spyware component.

I have no problem with a Microsoft store and UWA.

AS long as in windows there is the ability without rooting (or some magic enchantment) to load Apps from other sources apart from the Microsoft store. i would prefer a system where you could add a list of stores like a list of repositories in Linux rather than having to side load individual Apps.

Android has multiple stores you can add if you want and know where to look or you can side load - I don't see people complaining about Google having the dominant store as devices usually only coming with that store installed.

iOS - has the Apple store and unless you root your phone you have no choice you HAVE to purchase your apps from Apple - Cydia is an alternative BUT needs Root. I know people don't like this but the majority of Sheeple (Fanboys) are happy or don't realise there is an alternative and I have not seen any action from competition authorities.

I want Windows 7 with an app store - OK windows 10 with NO spyware or telemetry would be acceptable but guess I'm pissing in a Hurricane for that.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon