Reply to post:

Windows 10 Mobile bug fixes come thick and fast as official upgrade nears

cambsukguy

Well, you can put the maps on SD card with W10, although I thought you might be able to on 8.1 anyway.

I don't have an SD card model so I don't recall it well enough.

This release does seem smoother with better battery life in my limited time of use.

TBH, if they tweak it to the same smoothness, I can live with the reduction in beauty, albeit missed, for things like speaking text into any text box, it works and you can speak at full speed and it gets most words.

The clever bit is that the word replacement offer words that sound the same rather than swipe the same, obvious but nice too.

Integration of maps and driving directions into one app, that app having multi route options and manual re-routing as well as roadworks info and traffic of course as well as 3D buildings, all using built-in maps with many POIs etc.

Email via Cortana, can be useful for a quick message while driving.

Putting skype messaging into the messaging app brings fond memories of when facebook messaging was integrated too and saves firing up the slow Skype app. Maybe they will integrate them all again, not bothered myself since I don't have fb anymore but still, WhatsApp.

All-in-all, W10 looks promising and I keep thinking 950 and then thinking, this one works well, perfect phone calls and fab pictures - cognitive dissonance for even thinking of replacing my 1020 (it might be listening, literally some seem to think).

But then, I would be a possible for continuum sometimes, probably wirelessly only but useful all the same.

And, because it knows everything, Amazon are offering a 950 for £376 - so tempting.

I would like to see a review of the latest state of W10 on the 950 since that is where all the effort is for stability and usability.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon