The Register Forums are under maintenance. Your posts and votes will be recorded, but will only be actioned once the maintenance will be completed.

Reply to post: My 2 cents

Schneider Electric building manager bug allows security bypass

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

My 2 cents

Just to be clear as the publisher of this article fails to say is that StruxureWare is NOT an access system, it has no concept of access control, and has no connection to a sites door access system. StruxureWare is at this time purely BMS. If you are stupid enough to expose the system to the outside world and not set up strong user login. then i'm sorry but you shouldn't have anything to do with your networks security.

StruxureWare BMS is still a very new product which is under constant development, if you have a problem with the product then feel free to contact the company who makes it as i'm sure they will welcome feedback and enhancement suggestions. All new products have to start somewhere, just look at Microsoft windows, I need say no more on that.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon
The Register Forums are under maintenance. Your posts and votes will be recorded, but will only be actioned once the maintenance will be completed.

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2021