Reply to post:

'Boss, I've got a bug fix: Nuke the whole thing from orbit, rewrite it all'

Naselus

"Have you never had an email from someone where they replied to the last irrelevant email they got from you instead of typing in your email from fresh?"

The analogy doesn't really work. This is more like someone sent one email in 1986 and has just been forwarding that email every time he needs to send a new one to someone, only with every single detail changed, for the last 30 years. And has been deleting the old version each time and then forwarding the new copy.

If his reasoning was along these same lines, I'd have expected to see his 'library' containing every function relevant to every program he'd ever written, rather than being endlessly stripped out and rebuilt. t's like no-one explained how to reference a library to him, and so he's been re-using that one file rather than learning how to reference in another... but if that were the case, I don't see how he was ale to make anything even functional tbh.

This doesn't make sense from the point of view of laziness, or for job insurance, or really from any point of view at all. It's frankly just deranged.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon